Thursday, April 4, 2013

Interview with Paul Lee - Virtual Architect & Managing Director at Viewsion Virtual Environments

Good day friends,

We asked few questions to Mr. Paul Lee and have a look on his great answers...

Please make a brief introduction of yourself to our readers.
I am passionate about creativity and have always enjoyed art and science. I get bored quickly if I'm not using my brain and expanding my knowledge so it was very natural that I would end up working for myself. I have mastered the art of drawing and painting at a young age and was tempted to go to art college. Luckily I didn't do that because college generally makes you dislike what you already liked so I went to architecture school. Somehow though, I still love architecture.




When do you first discover SketchUp & start to utilize it in your project?
In 2006 I was setting up my architecture business- Aspire Architecture- (which is currently undergoing a revamp) and I was using CAD. The amount of work it took to create the required information was so great that I knew that 2D information was not sufficient or even viable for doing my work. I looked at a few 3D packages and an architect friend of mine mentioned SketchUp. She said it was pretty cool but I had no idea how cool it was going to be. Once I started using it I was hooked. Game over.

No comments:

Post a Comment